April 14, 2008

No more tubes!!





Today Jaxon pulled out the tubes in his nose himself. I guess he was tired of having them in there. He's one tough little boy! He is doing so well, they have taken him off the morphine (finally) and tomorrow he'll be done with his antibiotics, and they started to feed him again today. Since he's eaten before he gets so excited when he knows that bottle is coming! They start him out with only 5 ml of milk and gradually work him up to about 60 ml. they want to make sure his little tummy can handle it. He is so much happier and alert lately that it's like he's a whole new baby, well, i'm sure he feels like a whole new baby !! We can't wait to get him home and finally get things going in a rhythm. We haven't had any sense of normalcy for about 20 days so it will nice to be able to stay at home with our family as a whole!!!

9 comments:

Kaydee said...

Lacey... I am so happy to hear that everything is headed in the right direction. Jaxon is sooo darling and I must say... that picture of him smiling looks exactly like you! It made me giggle. And Brock is growing into a little man isn't he... we are still planning on him dating Kynzee, right? :) Well love you and I am so glad that everything has worked out. Congratulations on a beautiful family!

Becky Sue said...

Yay!! I am so glad to hear that your little guy is doing so well! You are so Awesome Lace! Thank you for the update!
-Becky Sue

Brittney said...

WOW! What a resiliant little man! I am so thrilled to see that he is doing so well. I am so excited for you to bring him home. He looks like a happy healthy little guy. Congrats guys and we send our best wishes your way. Love ya, The Lundgren's

Baird Family said...

Having your baby tubless is a feeling that one can't even begin to describe. When the nurse told us she could take the last tube out of Jocelyn, but she was going to wait until Adam and I left, I looked at her and said that I was not leaving until it was gone. I understand just wanting to hold your little "tubeless" angel. I am so excited for you. Congrats!!! You are going to be so much stronger after this ordeal is over. Jaxon is very cute. Baby animal days looked like a whole bunch of fun. Keep us updated.
Rhonda

Jamie said...

Oh wow...so CUTE! I am so glad that things are getting better! I hope you get to bring him home SOON!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lace....Your little Jaxon is so darn cute! He and Brock are going to just break all the little girls' hearts!!
I'm so, so happy things are just getting better every day for you guys. Wow...20 days... Normal will be good! What fantastic pictures you take of your sweet family! Keep 'em coming...they are a joy to see!
Love,
Sabes

The Van Ordens said...

Hello its Monique, Travis's wife. I just wanted you guys to know you have a wonderful family and your new guy is so precious. Im so happy to hear that he is off the tubes that is so exciting...! Best wishes for him to continue getting better. It seems like he is a very strong boy.

Mosers said...

How is Jaxon doing? How are you? We miss hearing from you guys, but we understand you are busy. Keep in touch!
heidi

Unknown said...

Your family is beautiful. Your little baby is so sweet looking. I am glad everything is going so good.