August 10, 2009

aaaaahhhhh! Snake!

On our march to the field with the snake Olivia found this huge moth!!!



So last friday i was trying to be a good house wife and mow the lawn! {so proud of myself} Our mower is tricky and it takes a lot of work to get it going! I put jaxon down for a nap and headed outside to make ryan proud! I finally got the mower started and we were goin to town on our grass, suddenly i stopped cause i saw a big stick in front of the mower. I went to go throw it into the neighbors lawn{jk}, went to grab it and saw that it was a ginormous, i mean ginormous snake!! I was freakin! So i ran into the house to grab the camera, { i love that my first reaction is to document} I had to get a picture of this momma snake, no one would ever believe me! Then i run to my neighbors house! Thank goodness i have strong manly neighbors that are home during the day!! {thank you eric, you're my hero} It was hillarious to see us all out there 'watching' eric capture our snake, there was about 15 of us!! It took forever, cause that momma snake was angry and she wasn't goin without a fight! It was a huge 3 1/2 - 4 foot blow snake!! Finally after more neighbors joined us with a box we got her in. If you were to drive by and see us you'd think the entire neighborhood was goofy. we looked like a parade of crazies! we had our hoes and pitchforks and buckets and we were following eric and marching straight out to the field to set her free. She's just gonna find the canal and float her way back, we should have just let eric kill it! Now i don't dare mow anymore, yes, thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it!!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow! Thank goodness I don't have a lawn to mow! I did go out to spray weeds one day and about stepped on a whole family of little snake babies. Yikes! Not a fan either. Funny! I wish I could have seen it.

Rachelle said...

Lacy, as a mom of all boys (like yourself) I would advise you to not let them know you are afraid of snakes or it becomes a great game to bring them to you often!!! Just ask Colby or Mason